WIP and a little break...

These days have not been very productive as far as quilting and stitching are concerned! I needed to run more than three times a week and I have been running an hour every early morning and have been swimming every evening! I feel great and rejuvenated which is all I needed!! It feels good to have plenty of energy and to weigh again as when I was 20 ;-)

The rest of the time was spent with my two daughters and my wife who will only be on vacation tonight. So I cooked, did some gardening and read two great books. Invisible by Paul Auster (who is one of my favourite author!). It is really a great book, so intricate, disturbing and well-written.
The second book is by a French author -not a favorite of mine - but I have to admit that this time I really enjoyed this book ;-). It's Un Roman français by Frédéric Beigbeder.

I started block 10 of the Mystery Quilt. It's still a WIP but most of the appliqué pieces are ready to be stitched onto the background. You can have an idea of what the block is going to look like with this photo.


There will also be a country bag in the bottom right-hand corner and a few stars in the sky as well as a pieced band on the right.

Now, everything is packed and we are ready to go there.


I've taken The Lost Quilter by Jennifer Chiaverini, L'entreprise des Indes by Eric Orsena and Les hommes-Couleurs by Cloé Korman.

I don't take any quilting project with me but I do take my stitching project : The Lady's Cabinet. I still have a lot of stitching to do and I'd like to finish this project by the end of the summer! Wait and see... ;-)

Finally, I'd like to thank you all. I will not name anyone as I don't want to forget someone...

Thank you to the many bloggers who share their work, ideas. You have inspired me and given me the courage to do things I thought I was not able to do.

Thank you for having welcomed me to blogland, thank you for reading my blog.

Thank you for posting a comment regularly or from time to time. There are people I know now and I'm happy to read each new comment they post. There are people I'm happy to "meet" and discover their blog and universe...

I wish you all a great summer... I'll be back soon!
Until later,

Comments

  1. Hello David, hope you all will have a wonderful summer and a great holiday, enjoy try to stay in shape :) and relax....
    Hugs for you all....from a warm and sunny Amsterdam
    Erna

    ReplyDelete
  2. bonnes vacances David

    ReplyDelete
  3. enjoy your vacation and good for you exercising and taking care of yourself.
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your latest block already looks lovely ! Enjoy your summer and your stitching :-) Many hugs,
    natalie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Un bien joli nouveau block en perspective :-)
    Question livre, je suis en train de finir de lire "the Quilter Apprentice by Jennifer Chiaverini" et j'ai vraiment beaucoup de plaisir à le lire.
    Tiens !! j'en connais un autre qui ne peut vivre sans faire du sport et il est vrai que cela lui permet d'être très réactif dans son travail et de faire de très longues journées sans fatiguer lorqu'il doit le faire.
    Très bonnes vacances,
    Isa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great holiday David. Love your block too:) Vero will be at the Birmingham Quilt show this year so I do hope to see her there :-))

    Will you do CA this year?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joli block en cours!
    moi je suis en train de lire The Hawaïan Quilt de Jennifer, et j'aime, comme d'hab!

    Bonnes vacances!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ton bloc va être superbe !!!!
    Bonnes vacances David.
    Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cette demoiselle est bien mignonne. J'ai hâte de voir le bloc complet... je devine autour de cette jeune fille, de très jolis boutons, notamment un bien mignon petit oiseau !
    Bonnes vacances.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bonnes vacances David !
    Vous aurez donc pleins de petits trésors à nous montrer à votre retour !
    Brigitte
    http://boitedebiscotte.canalblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Comme c'est joli !!! J'aime beaucoup tes objets en patch !! Bravo !!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment